When am I eligible to utilize SCA’s online travel service Egencia?
We will notify you when you are eligible for SCA-paid travel to/from training and/or to/from your program site. Make sure you review SCA’s Travel Guidelines and book your flight accordingly.
Please note: Travel arrangements booked through Egencia are generally non-refundable and remain ticketed in the name of the Field Leader. A Field Leader is responsible for the use of a ticket, value of a ticket, or relevant change fees, and is held accountable in circumstances when SCA has booked and paid for travel and the Field Leader does not fulfill their travel arrangements at their own fault (i.e., missed flights, withdrawing from program after travel to training/site has already been purchased).
How do I create a new Egencia account?
- Click here to create your account and fill out the traveler profile.
- You must provide your full legal name as it appears on your government-issued photo ID.
- Egencia Username: use the first initial of your first name, followed by the last name. (i.e., John Doe’s username is jdoe).
- Provide a personal email address to which you have regular access.
- Traveler Group: select Crew Leader or Project Leader
- Your Department: leave this “unassigned” and this will be adjusted by your Approver later
- Once you have filled out all of the necessary information listed above, click “Submit User Account Request.” When your account has been approved you will receive an email from Egencia requesting you return to the site to start organizing your travel arrangements.
- We recommend that you keep this email in case you need additional assistance, as there are 24/7 phone numbers and links provided.
I have an account, now what do I do?
- First, login here (when clicking the link, please click “Home” if you are brought to an error message).
- On the home screen of Egencia, you will see your name in the upper right-hand corner. Click on your name, and select “Profile”
- In the “Personal Information” section, please select the link “TSA Secure Flight” under Travel Documents.
- On this page, provide your full legal name as it appears on your government issued ID, along with your gender and date of birth.
- Be sure to save your settings!
- If you have already provided your TSA Secure Flight information, you can simply move forward with arranging your itinerary!
Who should I choose to be my Approver?
- If you are arranging travel for Training, choose Angela Brodeur as your Approver.
- If you are travelling to/from your program site, select your Program Manager.
- If you are unsure who your Program Manager is, choose Angela Brodeur.
When is the best time to book my travel online with Egencia?
We suggest booking your travel online during our regular office hours Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5pm EST and Friday, 8:30am – 4pm EST. Please do this as soon as your training/program dates and location are confirmed, as this will enable your Approver to review and book your itinerary quickly, keeping your ticket cost(s) to a minimum.
- Southwest Airlines is now an option through Egencia’s regular search. Please take a look at their “Get-Away” flights as they are cheaper, and offer two free checked bags.
- During this process you must select an approver to finalize your flight itinerary or it will never be approved. If you are unsure on who to select, please review the section titled, “Who should I choose to be my Approver?” again.
- After you create your air travel itinerary, your Approver will accept or decline the trip.
- Once the itinerary is approved, your Approver will complete the process by booking your itinerary for you. When that is complete, you will receive an email confirmation from Egencia with your flight information. Please note: If the fare changes more than $1, the flight will need to be pre-approved again.
How do I pay for my flight?
Great news – you don’t! The SCA gives each leader a travel allowance, which breaks down as follows:
- National & Community Crews
- If traveling for Training, your allowance is $500.00
- If traveling for Program, your allowance is $500.00
- Please note: If you are traveling to or from Alaska or a small airport, your allowance is $800.00.
- Corps Project Leaders
- Please reach out to your Program Manager to discuss the amount of your travel allowance.
Can I be reimbursed for associated travel costs?
Driving a distance to the airport? Have baggage fees? Please see SCA’s Travel Guidelines for the full description of items eligible for reimbursement and how to submit reimbursement claims.
Who do I call at Egencia in the event I have travel problems?
- To reach an Egencia agent:
- 866.397.2677 or 702.939.2530
- To reach the SCA Field Services department:
- [email protected]
- 603.543.1700, x1117